Sunday, November 8, 2009

Self Analysis

Throughout this blog I have learned a lot about medical technology and the research and funding placed into its development. Some of my posts have peaked my interest (and hopefully everyone's) while providing excellent examples of new, beneficial technologies. Other posts have been on the simpler yet just as beneficial side of technology. However, I have learned the most from websites which spoke directly on the issue of medical funding. Originally I did not imagine that a large percent of people would be opposed to increasing funds for medical technology, but I found out otherwise when I read articles telling how long technology could take to be created. Still, some surveys showed that a large percent of people do support medical tech R&D. I believe links like that one put things into a better perspective for me. It showed me that many people support tech, but that room is left for improvement into gathering more support. Also through this blog I have learned about all the aspects of medical tech. I realized that much of the funding comes from private companies. One satisfying point that I was able to add to my argument was how some technology had already been developed that was simple but provided extensive benefits. Through websites such as that one, I learned that many things exist which are excellent proof of the benefits of medical research. Also in a surprising way, I have been able to better shape my argument based on the ways in which other bloggers have shaped their arguments. While reading one blog which has a similar format as mine, I picked up on how the blogger gave excellent examples of green technology and how he related those to everyday use. Finally, I have learned that current technologies can be implemented for medical situations even if they aren't medically relevant initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment